The long awaited Xbox One released today and I am going to give my thoughts on it.
- Inside the Xbox One box, there will be the 500 GB jet-black Xbox One system and the brand new Xbox One controller. Alongside with that there is an HDMI cable (“like i don’t have twenty of those lol”), power cord and instruction manuals.
- The Xbox One’s specs look really good. It features a whopping 8 GBs of ram, a built in hard drive, a blu-ray and dvd drive, usb 3.0 slot, ethernet, and hdmi output/input. The specs of the Xbox One’s are as a good as a mid to high end gaming pc. I’m pretty impressed with it, but specs mean nothing. When it comes to a console being good or bad, it all goes down to the experiences it delivers.
- The Xbox One’s dashboard looks just OK to me, nothing great. The dashboard is similiar to the Windows 8 start menu. It has an extensive amount of entertainment applications to download at launch. These include Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video etc… A full list of all the apps can be found here.
- The Xbox One Controller controller has many improvements from the Xbox 360 Controller. The circle pads have better grip, the triggers are greatly improved. The cons are though the d pad has not been improved at all.This makes it hard to play 2d platformers.
- After looking at the list of Xbox One games that are going to come out, all I can say is that there is going to be something for evreyone. But if there is one genre that the Xbox One ecceds in is shooters. You can see a full list of PS4 games here.
Xbox One Controller