Android is a great free operating system. What makes it even better is the variety of apps it has. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I wish that I could use Android on my PC instead of my computer for a richer experience. Searching around the internet, I found a neat application called Andyroid. It is super easy to set up. All you need to do is download the installer found on the website. The installer will download the android image and virtual machine software for running the android image. Once done, you just launch Andyroid and your computer will run the full Android OS straight from your computer. Its fairly simple to use, although one problem I had is sometimes the loading time would be very slow for old computers. Give Andyroid a try and write what you think in the comments!
Good news for Android users, there is a way to get Android 4.4 KitKat in your device before everyone else. Just follow this easy guide and you will be done. WARNING: MAY NOT WORK ON OLDER DEVICES SO DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Step 1: Turn on unknown sources at Setting –> Security –> Unknown Sources –> OK
- Step 2: On your computer, go to https://mega.co.nz/#!5hoBjDRL!cv0Wc0SaSAIGH5kz9sSFK1R5cn4FlcpeYyMdT4-Nhc0 and download the zip.
- Step 3: Extract everything in the zip to your desktop
- Step 4: Email yourself the files on your computer (Because of large file sizes, you may need to send multiple emails)
- Step 5: Access your email on your phone and install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, click done, then Velvet.apk, click done, and last GoogleHome.apk and click open.
- FINISH! You know have Android 4.4 on your Andoird.